Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Unrealistic Beauty Standards In The Media

Unrealistic beauty standards have resulted in a number of young girls and women to develop eating disorders, mental and physical health problems.

With almost all magazines and media photoshopping their models to have thigh gaps and fixing all their ‘flaws’ These outrageous beauty standards in the media affect almost all children, especially young girls and teens. Showing them that this is what society expects them to look like and if they have ‘flaws’ or don’t fit into a certain weight category it will effect them in a negative way. With a lot of dangerous diets and ‘cleanses claiming that this will make you look 100 times better, ’ there is a result in a number of young girls and women developing some mental and physical health problems. Within the last couple of years society has supported the idea that the ‘thigh gap’ since then there have been a number of dangerous diets to try to achieve the thigh gap.

“I wish that I had a thigh gap” “Have you seen this model's flat stomach? I wish I had a flat stomach” “I hate my body” A young girl, who will remain nameless (age 9) Her mother responded “I think that it's heart breaking that young girls and women hate their own bodies because the media has brainwashed them into thinking that they need to look a certain way”

2 comments:

  1. Unrealistic beauty standard is really becoming a big issue and that people are really pressured to have the trend body and your article has really showed me that this is becoming an issue and that we should pay more attention to it.And I really like how you included many stunning quotes that really adds to set the tone of the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unrealistic beauty standard is really becoming a big issue and that people are really pressured to have the trend body and your article has really showed me that this is becoming an issue and that we should pay more attention to it.And I really like how you included many stunning quotes that really adds to set the tone of the article.

    ReplyDelete