Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Family Conflict "I Am Right"



Family Conflict.As it may be seen as a usual things and seems like a everyday problem. Conflicts will not benefit anyone in anyway.People tend to not care about why this happens or how we can resolve it but this is becoming a really issue as stress is being put on people everyday by family conflict.Why is that there are family conflicts?They all say that family are the people we need to go to when we have problems.But what if by going to them it will cause even more conflict.It really seems that family members just can seem to bond and understand each other.These days parents and children don’t even pay attention to the conflict that they are causing with each.

It has been surveyed that most people believe that family conflict comes from lack of understanding and differences.A child said “My mom never understands me, everything I do is wrong”.It’s a way to understand this more as parents and children and siblings don’t bond very well.Often siblings would say they fight each other because they spend time with each other too often that it turns to hate. “Children have got to understand that parents are trying to do what is best”,says a parent who says she believes that conflict comes from expectations that both one another have for each other

Observing the neighbours across as the mother shouts and abuses her child everyday and cries of the child as once the mother is done the grandma in too.Is the problem really big enough to make such a big deal out of it to whack the child.Is it the solution to a problem .Maybe it is the way that people are taught to handle there child but that might not bring benefits to both.Everyday the girl would be in the corner stressed at her mother yelling at her brother.This is an example seen a case of family conflict that is so severe but those it really have to reach this point?A question was put in front of a child asking what they do when they get into a conflict with their parents? “I don’t do anything because either ways my mom will never understand me and all she do is just yell and scream at me I have tried but the more I talk to her the more my feelings are being hurt,therefore I’m not really open to my mom and telling her what happened in school or anything,says a child who fights with her mom every day is that .But at the same time surveying parents they say that it is very hard to understand children especially teenagers. “Teenagers just use their mood in making decisions and it is very hard as a parent to teach them without getting into a fight”,says a mom.
But what would the parents and children think of each others response.So the children and parents were told what each other had said about one another.Most of the children's responses are the same “I know that my parents are trying to do what is best for me but sometimes I really don’t believe that they understand me enough to be able to talk to me without getting into fights”,says the majority of the children.But unlike the children the parents say “Yeah maybe sometimes I am too hard on them”

Based on the responses this makes it clear that conflicts starts from the lack of understanding from both the parents and children which causes them to not be as comfortable talking to one another and opening up to each other.And really getting that bond
with one another.

Parents and children should try and change themselves and adjust to the other instead of waiting for the other to adjust to you.Maybe it’s just something as simple as fixing your tone of voice it has been proven that 70% of the time conflicts come from the wrong tone of voice and arguments start.It's all about calming down and letting the other one be.As a girl had said “I don’t fight with my brother unlike I do with my mom because my brother let me be and allows me to say what I want to say without starting an argument with me”.
It has been proven that children in a healthy family will do an average better in education.They will have a higher chance of having a better healthy life in the future.Growing up in a healthy surrounding is very important to build up the warmth and happiness for everyone in the family.Family conflict really just starts from different opinions and each other not willing to let it go.Or let the other be.It is very important that we realise that this is an issue and that we should all start to turn to our family and understand each other putting that stress down.Maybe it’s not always about being right but letting go and being happy.Just by letting go or letting each other be and understanding and it will make everyone happy.

1 comment:

  1. Family conflict is really interesting and I think that I can relate to this because I have a pretty big family

    ReplyDelete